strategies for 2015-16
• Define key elements of Entrepreneurial Spirit (ES)
• Foster ES and creativity in curricular and co-curricular activities
• Foster a culture of ideation which comprises all stages of a thought cycle, from
innovation, to development, to actualization.
activities for 2015-16
• With student input, developed a definition of entrepreneurial spirit for all ages and stages
• Began production on a publication for June 2016 that will include the definition of ES,
practical examples of student activity for faculty reference, and research sources
• Provided funding to nine innovative projects through the David Tutty Joy and Innovation
Fund. Projects were selected from 19 student and staff submissions
• With the participation of two Senior School students, launched a pilot project for cooperative
• Completed an inventory of HSC participation in SHAD. Determined that 40 students have
participated since 1981; three students are accepted for 2016
• Completed a summary of Early Education and Middle School student activities that
demonstrate skills for entrepreneurial spirit; will update annually
Designwerx offers hands-on learning in design, brand development and
advertising, entrepreneurialism, sales, client services andmore. Staffed by
teachers and students, Designwerx will service clients and connect students
with the greater community. Housed on campus, our students will put their
creative minds to work while gaining invaluable real-world experience.
KRISTY FAGGION & NICK TIMMS
Personalized Authentic Learning
Global and Local Connectedness
Resilience and Wellness
Community Connections / Engagement
Strategic Partnerships & Collaboration
Collaborative & Innovative Faculty and Staff
Financial Sustainability and Accessibility
leading a team of in-house
in wage-earning junior
Michael G. DeGroote
IT’S IN THE
It covers all of them!
is a full-service, one stop shop ready to take on any
project. Whether you’re looking for a logo, a corporate brand, an
advertising campaign, or a promotional video,
prepared to take on your challenge.
The best part?
All of our
designers are trained HSC students armed with creative tool-kits.
The catch? There isn’t one!
Our rates are reasonable, our
designs are spectacular, and our skills
are out of this world.
HEAR US oUT
nothing to lose – and quite
literally everything to gain.
combined industry experience
and a world-class design
shop will enable Designwerx
to sustain itself financially
and turn a profit within
• Hillfield Strathallan College
• Pearle Hospitality
• Losani Homes
• Source Cable
• Spallacci Homes
Let us pitch in person!
Contact Kristy Faggion or
Computers and Licensing
Cameras and Equipment
Marketing and Advertising
theAbove (L-R): SHADwebsite. SHADprovides an opportunity for 600+ students fromaround the world to attend a summer program, in-residence, at a Canadian host university, focused on STEM(science, technology, engineering&math); 2016 attendees Sasha Paikin, CamilaGutierrez andNicole Bodnariuc. Visit the Site